- 4 chicken thighs, de-boned, skin off
- 2 brown onions
- 4 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 200g of tomato paste
- 1 400g can lite coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- salt and pepper to season
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Heat a large pan on high. Add the oil and brown the chicken thighs on both sides. *Note – Make sure you ask your butcher for de-boned skinless chicken thighs. Thigh meat has more flavour than chicken breast, is less prone to drying out and is often less expensive than breast as well.
3. While the chicken browns, peel and halve the onions. Clean the potatoes and carrots, (leaving the skin on) and chop into similar sized pieces. Place these into a roasting dish then transfer the pieces of chicken and place them on top of the vegetables.
4. Coat the chicken pieces in the tomato paste.
5. Add the can of coconut cream and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour basting the chicken and vegetables from time to time. Allow some of the tomato based sauce to mix through with the rest while also allowing some to thicken and stick to the chicken in all it’s deliciousness!
6. Serve hot together with lightly steamed beans on the side. Note -This meal also freezes well so I usually make a double batch in two roasting dishes and freeze one set as an instant family meal for another night.
Enjoy this recipe?
Comment below to let me know what you thought.
Feel free to share it to help reach more people and boost their health and happiness.
Share this Post