Unbelievably Good Ice Cream
- Ready in: 5 mins (with pre-frozen bananas)
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: very easy
- 3 ripe bananas, frozen in chunks
- Optional flavours – see below
Nothing could be more simple or refreshing than this great all natural dessert. You can serve it plain, or jazz it up with extra flavours and toppings, you decide!
To freeze bananas it is best to remove the skin and chop into chunks, place into a container or bag and then freeze overnight.
I like to keep some on hand all the time, ready for ice cream, smoothies or a snack.
Pulse and then blend the frozen banana chunks until they form a smooth creamy texture.
The bananas will quickly change from chunky, as pictured above to creamy, as pictured below!
Add extra flavours as desired (splitting the mix between bowls if makin gseveral variations at once) and blend or mix as below.
Serve immediately as a soft serve, or for a firmer mixture, simply re-freeze and serve later on with an ice cream scoop. Consume within 1-2 weeks.
• Chocolate – add 1 Tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
• Vanilla – add 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• Canadian – add 1 Tbsp maple syrup and top with walnuts
• Coco-Lemon – add 2 Tbsp lemon juice and ½ cup desiccated coconut
• Berry – add 3-4 Tbsp frozen berries of your choice
• Tropical – add pulp of one passionfruit and pineapple or mango pieces
• Nutty – Add nuts such as raw almonds, cashews or pistachios when you first start blending the banana so they are partially chopped through.
Garnish any of the above with extra nuts, seeds or grated chocolate.
You may wish to set portions of the mixture aside and do a range of flavours as pictured. All bar the last three can be mixed by hand which saves washing your blender. Simply remove the portion you would like to flavour and mix it in a small bowl.