Roast Vege Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Ready in: 10 mins prep, plus roasting time
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: very easy
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 2 carrots
- 1 brown onion
- 400g spinach leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Slice capsicums and carrots into sticks. Chop onion into similar size chunks. Combine them in an oven tray mixed in with a good glug of olive oil. Roast on fan bake 180 degrees C for 30-40 minutes until golden and caramelised. Stir occasionally.
- Mix up vinaigrette in the bottom of a high sided salad bowl. Mix everything less the oil. Then add the oil and stir it well until combined.
- Add the washed and dried spinach leaves, roasted vegetables and cherry tomatoes, halved and any fresh herbs you have on hand.
- Stir it all through until all of the leaves are coated in the vinaigrette.
- Serve warm or chilled and enjoy!