Lemon Pistachio Cheesecakes
- Ready in: 10 mins prep, plus chilling time.
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: very easy
- 300gm ricotta
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- Zest and juice of one lemon (approx 3 Tbsp)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- ¾ cup LSA
- ¼ cup raw pistachios
- 2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 6 glasses to serve it in
- (Note that LSA is a powdered mixture of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds and can be found in most supermarkets, health stores or wholefoods stores.)
Beat ricotta and yoghurt in a bowl with electric beaters. Add lemon rind, juice and maple syrup. Taste and adjust flavours with more lemon juice or maple syrup as desired. Set aside in the fridge.
Melt the butter or coconut oil and combine with LSA and nuts until even and crumbly.
Place equal amounts of the base crumble mixture into each glass, press it down and spread it out. Top with equal spoons of the topping mixture. Chill in freezer for 20 minutes.
Garnish with a few pistachios, a little lemon or lime zest. Enjoy!
Note - you could prepare this in advance and store in fridge, then freeze just 20 minutes prior to serving, this gives the cheesecakes a firm edge and soft centre. Too long in the freezer will leave them rock solid.
Feel free to use any glasses to serve it in, martini, wine, or tumblers all work well.
Most of all, savour them slowly enjoying every spoonful!