Through my journey with gestational diabetes these are the favourite snacks and small meals I have relied on to keep my blood sugar levels steady.
They can be useful for anyone who wants to kick lethargy, stabilise blood sugar levels and avoid overeating;
• One piece of fruit and a handful of almonds
• Trail mix – raw almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and a few sultanas
• Carrot sticks and guacamole
• Celery logs filled with peanut butter
• Mixture of carrot sticks, celery sticks and cheese sticks
• Piece of fruit and slice of cheese
• Glass of milk and handful of almonds
• Mini muffin
• Apricot ball, chocolate ball, citrus ball (homemade)
• Banana bar (homemade) topped with Greek yoghurt
• Greek yoghurt and berries, sometimes sweetened with stevia
• Greek yoghurt, grapes and sunflower seeds
• A boiled egg
• Scrambled eggs mixed with sliced tomato and parsley
• Egg, parsley and mayo open sandwich
• Avocado on toast
• Avocado, vegemite and sliced tomato sandwich
• Rice wafer with ricotta and tomato or avocado
• Raw broccoli or cauli florets, capsicum/carrot sticks with homemade hummus
• Chick peas warmed with melted cheese on top
• Salad wraps
• Pumpkin and kumara chips (homemade)
• Banana ice cream (blended frozen banana) with cocoa for choc version or berries for a berry version
Click here for more quick delicious recipes.
What are your favourite snacks that energise you and steady your blood sugars?
Please share a comment below...